New Ewon COSY+: Discover the Benefits of Remote Access to Production
Ewon industrial routers are designed for remote access to and monitoring of PLC control systems, HMI panels, computers and IP cameras. The older Ewon model called COSY 131 has been replaced by the new type Ewon COSY+. What are its advantages compared to the older version?
Even Better Security
Remote access to industrial equipment and its control systems is still a concern for many companies and would indeed be risky with an insufficiently secured router. Therefore, cybersecurity is a top priority for Ewon. The manufacturer has taken encryption to an even higher level with a new hardware chip. It has also improved password management.
The external company Nviso, a European leader in cyber security, tests the vulnerability of products to new techniques and tactics used by cyber attackers. Ewon has proven its security with the international ISO27001 certification. If a company's IT/OT department is concerned about remote access to the company's production, the above-mentioned information usually breaks the ice within the company.
Compared to the older COSY 131 model, there is no difference here. Ewon routers are generally easy to configure compared to their competitors. They come with a built-in wizard that will guide you through the entire setup in just a few minutes. The Ewon COSY+ is also flexible in terms of integration into your production. It is available in three versions:
- Ewon Cosy+ WiFi connects to the Internet via a 2.4GHz WiFi network or its Internet access WAN port.
- Ewon Cosy+ 4G EU connects to the Internet via its built-in 4G EU modem or its Internet access WAN port.
- Ewon Cosy+ Ethernet WAN connects to the Internet via its Ethernet WAN port.
Communication via the Secure Talk2M Cloud Service
Ewon routers use the Talk2M cloud service as an intermediary between you and the factory. After easy setup, you can connect to the factory from anywhere. The highly robust system is supported by more than thirty 24/7 data centres around the world, with secure communication via a virtual tunnel using Open VPN 2.0.
The cloud service is available as a free or paid service:
- Talk2M Free
- A free version
- An unlimited number of routers are available within a Talk2M account, but only one user can connect to an Ewon router at a time. Other users must wait for the connected user to disconnect in order to connect to the Ewon.
- The unpaid solution is sufficient for about 90% of users.
- The firmware update must be done manually.
- Talk2M Pro
- A paid version
- Unlimited number of users and routers available within a Talk2M account. Allows 5 simultaneous connections to Ewon routers.
- Additional concurrent connections are enabled by an additional service package.
- Automatic firmware update
Save Time and Money
Machine builders, PLC programmers, system integrators and maintenance personnel will appreciate reliable remote connectivity that saves travel costs, time and energy. These are the main benefits our customers mention in connection with Ewon routers. Read how they have put this smart device to practical use, for example at the Czech companies Norgren and IN-EKO.
Checking what is happening with your machine on another continent or managing an emergency from the comfort of your own home is no longer a luxury. It is common practice. Discover all the benefits of the new Ewon COSY+ for yourself, perhaps with our affordable Ewon Cosy+ IIoT Starter Kit.